Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Jenny's championship softball game

I'm just getting to this now, but Jenny's last game was last month. Her team played in the tournament and made it to the finals.
The game wasn't going so well for out team. In the first inning they scored a run and we didn't score any. In the next inning, they scored 4 runs and we didn't score any. We scored five in the third and held them to none to tie it up. And in the fourth inning Jenny scored the winning run. Not sure I got the score sequence right, but I'm certain of who scored the winning run. :)

This had all the drama, energy and anxiety of any big league game I've ever attended. Coming from behind like that was just fantastic and having a daughter in the game made it extremely intense.


The champs pose. The one in the middle with the little mark on her head had the winning hit that batted Jenny in. It was the best hit of her season that went out into the outfield right over the center fielder's head just outside of the infield. :)


Jenny receiving her medal.


This is Jenny with her coach, coach Abraham. One of the things he said that I thought was pretty funny and true is that he never saw Jenny, the entire season, when she wasn't smiling.

This season was very enjoyable and I think we all had a lot of fun. It was really tough to not get too competitive and stay focused on simply enjoying the game. I can now better appreciate but not totally understand the soccer dad phenomenon.

No comments: