Friday, September 05, 2008

The college years begin

Yesterday, Lindsey and I walked around the BYUI campus, setup her dorm room, met her new roommates, and went out to dinner with one of her room mates and her parents. We were relieved and happy to meet Chelsea, Lindsey's roommate. She has three, but the dorm is split up into two bedrooms. Chelsea is her bedroom roommate. She is sort of quiet, but not shy. Lindsey and Chelsea hit it off immediately. I thought her parents were very kind and friendly. Throughout the day we bumped into each other and last night went out to dinner together.
Lindsey seems very happy with the way things landed. The dorm is nicely situated, well designed even if it is a bit old, and her other roommates also seem very nice.
This morning we're going to pick up Lindsey's books and then I'll be heading home. I'm happy Lindsey gets to start school here. I think it will be a supportive, positive and enjoyable experience for her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay Kirk,

So where is here? Is Lindsay going to BYU Idaho? I know they haven't started school yet.

Did you know I love reading your blog?

Lisa