Friday, February 13, 2009

Of Backgammon, riding and driving

Well, I'm pulling back... I had a best of 5 with Jenny and won three straight. She says she's taking it easy on her old man. I say I creamed her. Never mind that I won two games by only one roll... Eh hem...

Off to Utah for some skiing. This is our annual stay in a cabin by the lift, everybody ski/board your brains out family vacation. Fortunately, Lindsey gets to come with for a couple of days. It just worked out that way. We're so glad to have her along too. I'm taking only my board this time. Saves room and well, I'm enjoying the boarding more now... Thought I'd never hear myself say that. So, riding, both the bike, motorcycle and the board seem to be my passion now. :)

Tonight, I drive for 13 hours straight to get to Utah. Some people gasp at such a trip. For me, it's usually a mind clearing experience. Something really cool about getting into a driving mode, listening to music with the kids softly snoring in the background. Sometimes there are some real treats like a clear sky, with sparkling stars, sliver moon and blue lit Oregon landscape. It's one of the aspects of this drive that I really look forward to seeing.

We're glad to have the Dickinson's house sitting for us. They are always so willing to sleep by the shotgun for us. Wondering if they don't have a little Kentucky in 'em. :)

No comments: