I pulled up to the gas station this evening on my way home. On the other side of the pump was a Honda with two little girls with long blonde hair sitting in the back seat. I thought they were really cute. One looked about 5 and the other about 3. The man pumping the gas noticed me looking at them and I said "Your girls are really cute."
He looked at me a bit oddly and said something in a heavy European accent that sounded Norwegian. I thought I heard him say "She is boys"
I didn't understand what he said, so I repeated "Your girls, they're so cute!"
Then, he said it again, "He is boys."
Then I said, before really thinking, "They're hair is so long and pretty. I though they were girls."
He looked disgusted and got in the car and drove away.
All I could do, after a week like this one, is laugh at myself.
Sometimes, I say the stupidest things...
Oh, well, tomorrow's another day.
No comments:
Post a Comment