Sarah and I got to spend a lot of time together this weekend. Friday night we went to the neon daddy/daughter dance. It was a lot of fun. We got to dance to all the favorites like “Girl’s just want to have fun”, we bounced with super balls, did jump rope contests and learned line dances.
Saturday night, we went to see “How to Train your Dragon”. It was better than I’d expected. I quite enjoyed it and Sarah seemed to enjoy it too. Very family friendly movie and parents should like it as well. There were a few parts where a small girl sitting behind us got scared. She kept saying things like “please don’t hurt him!” and “No, you have to let him go!” Sarah was cool through the whole thing though. She enjoyed it but getting big now and knew that it was just a movie.
I’m holding on to the last vestiges of childhood with this one. Being my youngest daughter, there aren’t many more daddy/daughter dates left. At least ones where my daughter still gets excited to be with her dad. Sort of struggling with that right now. She’s almost 12 and we all know what happens then! :)
1 comment:
don't worry for too long...us daughters always come back and LOVE spending time with your dads! Its just the time frame of teenagehood after that...no worries because we get over that I don't want to be seen with my dad syndrome, I love hanging out with mine!
Post a Comment