We went to the State Fair last weekend and took a couple of friends. The kids seemed to have fun. I did, just watching the kids get excited. Was interesting watching all the ink, stainless steel, toothless mouths and sugar walk around. That’s the State Fair for ya. I must admit to enjoying some of the fantastic delicacies and fine cuisine myself. Elephant ears, deep fried corn dogs and kettle corn to name a few.
I always love to go to the animal barns and see the horses. They are beautiful and some of them are huge. This year they had a bunch of chicks freshly hatched, a petting zoo and we took advantage of the sheep food. The girls all rode on the big ride that goes straight up and drops you back down. Can’t remember what it’s called, but they loved it. Little Sarah didn’t scream once the whole second time. Carolyn looked a little more nervous than she’d like to admit.
Among the cooler things was the water bubbles where you actually get inside the bubble and walk on the water. Been a while since I’ve been to the fair, so these may be old news, but they were cool.
There were the usual attractions as well: The Indian flute players, spin ride (the last time I rode that I tossed. Never again.), octopus ride, fun house, lots of “skill” games, and I tried the hammer thing. I don’t like those anymore. They’re computerized and there seems to be a inverse logarithmic correlation between the impact you generate with the hammer and how high the lights go. In other words, I don’t do as well on those as I used to…
No comments:
Post a Comment