In the middle of my day, as I go through old emails, trying to clear out my hopelessly full and out of control inbox, I bump into the last email I received from Katie. I didn’t know Katie. I think I met her once or twice, but I worked with JohnnyB, her husband. People tend to say good things about those that have passed as a matter of respect for those who remain. But John Barrows truly was a great guy. Smart, capable, upbeat and sincere. And, judging from the people around him, I don’t even know the half of it.
John was diagnosed with cancer. Fought the beast and fell. Every once in a while his memory pops back into my mind and I have to stop for a few minutes and compose myself. John and I weren’t particularly close. We didn’t do things outside of work or even hang around each other at work much. But, we had a few experiences together that I will treasure for the rest of my life. He was truly a good guy who I respected immensely.
We miss you man…
No comments:
Post a Comment