Monday, June 16, 2014

Father’s Day 2014

I had a great father’s day yesterday. Surrounded by my great kids who made me dinner and gave me some of the most wonderful gifts.

Amanda wrote me a haiku:

Asleep on the couch

I wake up in my own bed

Teleportation

And

There once was a man named Dad
Who liked to play Mad Sad Glad
He hears my rants about boys
And knows many ploys
I am so glad he's my dad

Tyson wrote this gem:

Bacon is red, Dad’s wearing blue,

you probably know this, but

I love you

Jenny wrote this one: (Haiku that’s not haiku)

My dad’s name is Kirk

His feet are very stinky

But I love him anyway

Lindsey wrote “Ode to Dad”:

Dad

You are so great

You watched me skate

When I was eight

 

Dad

You are my star

You have come so far

and watched me crash the car

 

Dad

You paid for my life

And for your wife

And sometimes even a knife

 

Dad

You are so fine

You leave the ladies cryin’

And some of them dyin’

 

Dad

Thanks for being part of my story

which wasn’t at all gory

But included a life’s inventory

Of stories so galore -----ous.

Sarah wrote “To my dad”:

Dad, you’re very special,

you mean so much to me.

There aren’t many Dads like you,

who give so selflessly.

When life has turned my world

completely inside out,

you’re always there to lean on,

I know without a doubt.

Whenever things go wrong,

and I don’t understand,

I know that you will be there,

to lend a helping hand.

The years have brought a balding head,

some lines upon your face…

But to me there’s not another Dad

who could ever take your place.

1 comment:

Amanda Haselden said...

I like Tyson's (: