Friday, December 14, 2007

Lewis County Flood Cleanup

Last weekend we went down to Lewis county Washington to help people who had been affected by the flooding. I thought I'd share a few pictures from our experience.
What was interesting is that there were so many people there to help, it was difficult to find a place to help. After several stops, false starts, and redirections, we finally found a home where we could help.



Along the way we saw some interesting scenes. Cars upended, dented, rearended, and vented. Walls of mud, tables, chairs and palettes ten feet up in trees.



This storage bin was likely floating along and bumped into the car it now rests on. Hard to imaging how high the water was, but we saw evidence that the water was 10 feet deep in some areas.


As you can see, the mud was thick and everywhere. We were using push brooms and snow shovels to push the mud out of the house, over the deck and into the yard.










The girls didn't stay clean long. Tony, Amanda and Tashina worked hard. I was proud of them and not once did I hear them complain, but often joked, laughed and sung as they trudged through the mess.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What was there to complain about?? It was SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Luv ya lotz!
Amanda

Anonymous said...

Tashina said that she was really tempted to eat it cuz it looked so much like chocolate! =P Tashina's so funny! It made me hungry! =D
Luv ya lotz!
Amanda