Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Boating on Lake Sammamish with Lindsey, Sam, Tony, Ian, Ryan, and Weston

Saturday we went out on the boat. Me the old man and all the young cool people. I was honored to be among them and had a lot of fun in spite of being old and bald.

This was the first time we took the boat out so when we opened it up at the house to check it out, of course, it wouldn't start. That was frustrating but we finally got it started by jump starting from the suburban. And I just replaced that battery last year... Grrrrr.


Anyway, we got the boat started, checked some other stuff and finally got out on the lake. It was great. Hardly any other boats out there and for the first couple of hours, there was even some smooth water. I was worried my head would get sun burned so I borrowed Lindsey's chap stick looking sun block and spread it all over my head. Lindsey was so happy about that and muttered something like "That's the last time I'll use that sun block!" I take every opportunity I can to be irritating. :)

This is Lindsey and Toni.

The first thing we did was tube. Weston was pretty awesome, doing barrel rolls and in general, this was a pretty aggressive bunch. Except, I have to say, Toni screamed a lot like a little girl. :)

This is Sam and Toni. Toni is the one on the left. I know, I know, hard to tell them apart.




Sam was smiling pretty much the whole day.



Ryan is in the foreground on the right. This day I learned what a five star is and happily shared a very large one on Ryans back.








Here's Toni. It's our last month with her. The year has gone by so fast. We've tried to fill her year with fun family time. We'll miss Toni and Lindsey too as she goes off to school.







No comments: