Friday, April 17, 2009

A Day in the Life: Morning Sounds

Drove Tyson to Seminary this morning... Got back home after dropping him off at school. Went in and work up Jenny and Sarah by giving them back and arm massages. They really seem to like waking up that way and it's a great way to connect. Sarah looked over as I was massaging her arms and said to Jenny with an air of satisfaction, Daddy's giving me a massage. Jenny replied, he gave me one too. Later as I went back up to check on them, Jenny said "Daddy, that back massage felt soooo goooood." So, I gave her another short one to get her going.
Getting ready for school, Sarah asked me to roll up her sleeping back for a sleepover tonight with her friend. Jenny was having a tough time getting the day started and said "Dangy, dangy, dangy, this life is poopy." Couldn't have expressed it better on some days.
However, today is a good day. Everyday I feel connected to my children, family, friends and loved ones is a good day.
Lindsey came in from sleeping over at Janaye's house. We talked a little about her night and I got my morning hugs. It's good to have her back.
I found a new favorite drink this morning. Hot Caramel Cider. Mmmm. Taste like liquid caramel apple, only not so sweet. Quite delicious for a nice change.
Heading down to Fran and Randy's for the weekend. Looking forward to a little Oregon sunshine. :) I'm secretly hoping Fran makes her world famous (in my mind anyway) Belgian waffles! Folks, you haven't lived until you've experienced Fran's Belgian waffles!
Well, the day is starting. TGIF to you all.

No comments: