Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Long time no blog

Well, it's been a while since I last blogged... What can I say. Travel, sickness, travel, work, travel.... You get the picture. Yesterday, Amanda sent me email reminding me that I haven't blogged in a while. So, here you go Amanda! :)
I still have half of my team in Denver and visit them regularly. Of course, it's hard to resist a day or two of snowboarding when I'm there. That doesn't appear to be changing anytime soon. I'm really looking forward to doing some hiking in Colorado this year.
Recently, I went down to Manitou Springs and walked through Garden of the Gods. I hadn't been there for years, since I was a kid living in Colorado Springs. It's small, nothing like Zion's or some of the national parks, but it's quite stunning. I was wishing I had my camera gear. Still, the memories were enough to keep me going for some time.
Manitou Springs is a charming little town. Lot's of little stores with trinkets, original art and other interesting stuff. There was even a hemp store with all things hemp and an original 60's shop keeper complete with tie died shirt, ragged long hair, full unkemped beard and oversized jeans that greeted me with "Peace Man".
Well, Jenny had her birthday, and Amanda did too. Woot! Amanda is well into her teens now. Can't wait for the tude to show up... So far, so good.
Jenny remains true to herself. Active in sports, loving softball, she's been missing a lot though cuz her and I both got sick with the same yucky crud. Fortunately, mine is finally on the mend, and it appears that Jenny is starting to feel better too.
Lindsey is coming home in 10 days. She got the job! Yes! Looks like she is going to be better situated next year both from her summer job and having a steady job on campus. Very cool.
My work is going well. I was promoted to what's called Product Unit Manager and I moved my team to a different division called SQL Server. We're happier there for a number of reasons, but mostly because the taxes there aren't nearly so high as in Office. Phew! It was a little like coming home. I knew everyone there from my SQL Server days.
My book is out. Getting good reviews. Cool. Wasn't quite as much work this time, but was more difficult if that makes any sense. Simply put. Redoing something is never so much fun as imagining and doing the first time. Less work, less fun. Cool to see my book on the shelves at Barnes and Noble or a Borders. I was excited to do a book in the Unleashed series (Integration Services Unleashed). Those are considered the bible of whatever they cover. It was something of an honor. Anyway, love having that done...
What else is going on...
Tyson's driving now. Doing great too.
Sarah is still beautiful as ever. She loves animals and does a great lesson about how we need to save the endangered species just about every time she gives the family home evening lesson now. They are always GREAT lessons and we enjoy them immensely.
School is winding down for the kids. Amanda goes into high school next year. Wow!
Jenny goes into Junior High... Wow!
It's snowed more this year here than it has all the rest of the years I've lived here put together, I believe. At least, that's how it feels. It snowed today! April 1st. Cool April fools weather trick, I think. This is Seattle for crying out loud! Why's it snowing so much! Heck, it's that darned global warming. Before you know it, we'll all be frozen under and wishing for global cooling...
Well, I've rambled on enough now... See what you get when you ask me to blog? :)
Hope everyone is doing well... All 3 of my blog readers! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Dad!
Love you,
Amanda