Saturday, August 15, 2009

50 Mile Backpacking Trip - Day 3


Day 3 - Mystic Lake to Berkely Park


An easier day than the day before, there were still some significant climbs. This day involved the long and arduous climb up to Skyscraper Pass. It was a decent climb, but long. Skyscraper pass is one of the highlights of this hike, so we took a little extra time and rested and ate.


Another scene. The flowers were out in abundance across the park. It was quite breathtaking at times. I thoroughly enjoyed the scenery that slowly, ever changing, transitioned from moon landscapes around the glacier impacted areas to lush fields of flowers.


These next two shots are from Skyscraper peak. Tyson took these when he hiked up to the peak with Luke and Romney.



You can actually see our party in this picture. We are next to the big patch of snow on the trail to the right.



Mt. Rainier is a beautiful mountain. It dominates everything around it. I'm quite attached to it.



I did a panoramic shot and posted it here. Hope you like it.
http://www.kirkhaselden.com/blog/panoramics/skyscraperpan1.htm

The smaller bitmap is in the header to this post.


No comments: