No, not my first birthday cake, well, it is but, not for me. It’s the first one I’ve ever made. Not too bad. Not what I’d hoped, but what the hay. It tasted pretty good and it sorta looked like a pig. I learned a lot about making cakes on this one. Like, it’s important to let the cake cool before attempting to take it out of the pan and don’t thin the icing too much. Oh, and, no matter how it turned out, most women think it’s amazing that I even tried…
Sarah seemed to like it and she had a great birthday party with a bunch of friends over. They slept over downstairs in the TV room and the next morning I made them breakfast. Pancakes, bacon (Left over from the cake), orange juice, and grits. I wasn’t planning to make grits, but almost all of Sarah’s friends have slept over before and when I asked them where they picked up the liking for grits, they said “At your house.” So, I made some of those too.
No comments:
Post a Comment