Sarah too me to the Cougar Mountain Zoo Saturday. It’s a tiny little zoo up on the facing mountain to Tiger Mountain where we live. It was rainy and a bit cold but we braved the weather to do one of Sarah’s favorite things, look at, feed and learn some things about animals.
This pic took a bit of setup to get. “Move a little more Sarah”, “OK, keep coming, a little more left”, “Wait, oh, he moved again!” Oh, well, all I had was a 80-200mm lens and couldn’t get enough depth of field to get her and the cougar in focus… I got the important part right! :)
There are a few tigers there. Very impressive animals. Their paws are as big around as my hand with my fingers stretched out.
I was a out 10 feet away when I took this. You just wanna run your fingers through his fur and give him a good noogie, don’t ya!
They had a feeding area too where Sarah got to feed alpacas, mule deer, walabies and some other animals. Only the alpacas were really responsive. They are very gentle too, taking the food with their lips without hardly touching Sarah’s hands.
As we were walking back to the car, Sarah said, “It was rainy and cold, but I still had a lot of fun!”
Me too Sarah.
No comments:
Post a Comment