Sunday, June 15, 2008

Lindsey: Graduation

Saturday, Lindsey graduated from high school. What a fun time for Lindsey, her friends and her family. It was very exciting to see her move on to the next stage of life.


I thought Lindsey was rather calm given the fact that she was about to sing in front of a very large croud. I thought she looked beautiful as well. :)
Lindsey has grown close to a crowd of friends that she went to Prom with etc. They all got to walk together. From the left it's Janaye (sp), Toni, Sam, Ryan and Tim.



Lindsey sang the Star Spangled Banner. It was beautiful. Although they seemed to be having technical difficulties the whole time, after an initial leveling problem it was so awesome to hear Lindsey's voice amplified over an entire major league baseball stadium. She did just fantastic. Pretty emotional for us.





Lindsey receiving her diploma case from the principal of Liberty. He pulled her aside for a quick second and said something to her. I think probably thanking her for singing.





This is always fun to see. I was a little disappointed that more people didn't throw their boards, but it's so cool to see all that fluff flying through the air. You can see Toni's board with the white floofle around the edge in the center right of the picture.

This is the cool gang right after they walked up the long walkway from the stadium grounds up into the stadium.



Amanda and Lindsey of course.










Cute kids.





The obligatory parent shot. Crop the left side and it's beautiful. :)
On the way home, there was a quiet moment in the car and Lindsey said. "Wow, I'm really done." I think after all the busy preparation, nervousness, execution and finally having it all done, she realized for the first time that she's actually graduated. I remember that feeling and hearing her say that, it brought back the memory for me clearly.

Congratulations Lindsey! Yes, you are really done!





No comments: