Once again, lousy camera, but this is the scene when I landed last night flying in from Denver.
You see some of the most beautiful sunsets from the air sometimes.
This one sort of reminded me of Norway. Magical almost. Norway's sunsets and sunrises seem to surround you entirely.
Christine and I were talking last night. Ever notice that when something isn't available or possible you want it so much more? The converse is also true. When you have something, you take it for granted even if it's something that those around you can see is of great worth. Nothing new here really, but extended starvation from that system member that is needed or desired creates a disfunction in other system members around what is missing and tend to grow to compensate and attempt to balance it out. This is true in muscular function, social interactions, and human relationships. To truly fix the problem, you have to fix the disfunctioning member, not continue to strengthen the over compensating members. In the case of my crackling knees, I'm going to probably need knee replacement surgery when I'm an old coot. In human relationships, someone has to change. That change is often so difficult, especially if the relationship has existed for years. Breaking the mold of interactions, dependencies and expectations formed by long years of tendencies turned to habits is extremely challenging, especially if the member is moribund, attrophied beyond recognition or never existed in the first place.
No comments:
Post a Comment