Sunday, November 29, 2009

Rattlesnake Ridge Hike

Went on a hike with a couple of scouts and brought along some of my kids. I really enjoyed this hike. I love the Northwest weather with the fog and slight mist. The hike was just enough to get the blood warmed up. The ridge at the top is about a 1000+ foot drop. Breathtaking really.

Here are some pics.


The kids that went, Lindsey, Tyson, Jenny and I are sitting on the rock above the ridge. Behind us is a huge, precipitous drop.

Jenny and Dad. Yes, it was that misty but the flash makes it look worse.

Romney, Conner, Jenny, Lindsey, Art McEntire(kneeling), Tyson, me and Dave Ream.
Was a great hike. I always enjoy this little guy. It's only 20 miles from our house and about 4.5 miles round trip with a great rewarding view at the top. I think I'd like to make this a tradition the Friday after Thanksgiving. A great way to walk off the turkey!
Wish you were here with us.

No comments: