Thursday, January 07, 2010

Garden of the Gods with Tyson

Tyson and I were in Denver to ski and we took a little drive the last day down to Colorado Springs to see one of my now favorite places, Garden of the Gods. It’s a small National Monument given to Colorado Springs as a gift from the wealthy owner back in the early 1900’s if I remember correctly. It’s really a tiny parcel of land, maybe a mile or so square but has some spectacular rock formations. Hopefully the pictures I’ve posted here give you an idea. Dad&Ty@GardenOfTheGods DSCN1246 DSCN1248 DSCN1249 DSCN1252 DSCN1259

This was taken by Buffalo Bill Cody and his wife’s grave near Lookout Mountain and is where Bill wanted to be buried. It’s a beautiful location looking out over Denver if not for the powerlines that obstruct the view somewhat. DSCN1266

This is a view from Lookout Mountain park. Gorgeous place.DSCN1268

2 comments:

Sariah said...

Great pics Uncle Kirk and gives me an idea of a fun place for Derek and I to go to.

Lisa Jamison said...

Kirk - I vaguely remember that Grandma Lily loved the Garden of the Gods too. A journal entry while she was on her mission seems to be coming to mind. It's a special place to me too.