Sunday, January 17, 2010

January Pu Pu Point Hike

Yesterday Tyson, Sarah and I hiked up to Pu Pu Point. For a January, it was pretty nice weather. I’d been feeling the need to get out and do something, anything. One can only sit and watch DVDs about planet earth for so long before getting cabin fever and I was about there. The great weather was my invitation and Tiger Mountain was calling. It always feels so incredible to get out and experience nature. I was glad Sarah and Tyson could come along and enjoy it with me.

This is the trailhead. Sarah is ready with her binoculars! Jan10PuPuPoint6

On the trail up we were in the cloud a lot of the time. Sarah is learning hiking skills and doing a great job. This was the first one we’ve done for a while so it was a bit tough for her, but she hung in there like a trooper and made it all the way up.

Jan10PuPuPoint5

Tyson and Sarah have something special. He’s such a great big brother to her and she loves to wrestle and hang on him. It’s not uncommon to see Sarah hanging on Tyson’s leg as Ty walks around the house. So cool to see my kids caring about each other.

Jan10PuPuPoint4

Your’s truly with Ty and Sarah at the top. This is the back side of the mountain where the paragliders sometimes launch when conditions are right. Below is a panoramic of the place. It’s a majestic, moody and mystical place all at once.

Jan10PuPuPoint2

Watching the paragliders launch. It’s so cool. One guy launched and that said “Oh S4(1, I can’t see the approach”. The landing field was so obscured by clouds, you couldn’t see it from the launch point. The pilots were all sort of timidly approaching how and when to launch. You could tell they were a bit nervous. They wanted to fly through the clouds, but were a bit hesitant about getting down safely. I like watching the pilots go through their pre-launch as much as anything. It seems like a lot of them are dealing with the jitters as much as the process, especially in this weather.

Jan10PuPuPoint1 

A typical scene. I love this shot.

Jan10PuPuPoint3    

These are a couple of panorama shots. The first one is from the backside where we rarely see paragliders.

Jan10PuPuPointPan1P 

This is from the front side where sometimes we’ll see upwards of twenty paragliders in the air at the same time.

I love this place.

Jan10PuPuPointPan2P

No comments: