Monday, March 28, 2011

Dubai

I’m about to head out on the last leg of my trip from Dubai to Hyderabad. I’m in the Dubai airport which is more like a gigantic mall with airplanes. I had a three hour layover so did a little shopping, after figuring out what the local currency is and the conversion rate, it seems as though most of the merchandise here is fairly priced, but certainly no great deals here. Lot’s of watches, jewelry and such that I’m not really interested in. They do have one store that has some interesting kinds of middle eastern items, but decided to pass.

Braved the local fair and got some sort of meat pastry with chicken in the middle. It was very crumbly, the meat was dry, and the pastry pretty tasteless. I’m not sure if it’s because that’s just how they taste or if it’s because it sat under the heating lamp for too long. In any case, it wasn’t satisfying so, I bought a couple of waters and a big mac and fries at the McDonalds. Good ol’ mickey dee’s. I’ve been drinking like crazy this trip. I read somewhere it helps with altitude adjustments and overall traveling. It seems to be helping.

Oh, they’re calling for boarding already…

Well, here is the A380 gigantiplane I flew from London to Dubai on. Wasn’t a great flight. Lot’s of kids screaming, but the amenities were nice. As I was on the shuttle from terminal 5 to terminal three, I saw this plane. Was talking to a guy on the shuttle and it caught my eye. To me, it reminded me of a toy airplane with such a big body and strangely what appears to be undersized wings. After getting closer to it, I realized just how huge it is. It’s a double decker jumbo.

Anyway, I’m off to Hyderabad.

DSCN0176

No comments: