I dropped into the Wintergrass festival this weekend. What a cool thing. It's my first ever bluegrass festival but I'm looking forward to more. The place is just full of music. If you're into acoustic music like I am, it's a treasure chest of people just making music and having a lot of fun.
This is a shot of the hotel lobby. There are any number of groups sitting around playing like this. What an incredible group of musicians. The guy sitting on the right with the hat on, he was playing a 8 string guitar and really doing some fancy stuff.
Someone would say, let's play so and so, and they'd all join in. Some didn't know the song, but they knew the key and would somehow pick up the tune and start playing along as well. Pretty impressive for a guy just trying to learn the basics. What a blast. I'm already looking forward to the next one.

No comments:
Post a Comment