Nagarkot, Nepal
Well, I thought I’d do another post just to show a few more random pics. Most of these are from our hike to Nagarkot. Some are just interesting memories.
This is the scene in front of the airport. We waited here for a while for the hotel driver and car to show up.
This helpful fellow heard we were staying at the blue horizon hotel and told us he knew the driver and called him for us. We were suspicious because all around are drivers waiting to taxi us somewhere and let’s just say, some didn’t seem too trustworthy. So, when our driver actually showed up, it was pretty surprising. I think this guy has a business of connecting drivers with tourists. He seemed to know everyone.
The market is interesting. Plenty of stuff to buy. I really thought the market was interesting. Ed, not so much…
On our way to Nagarkot. We saw this toy a lot. The boys find some sort of wheel, attach it to a stick and a steering wheel and “drive” it everywhere they go. They decorate them in all sorts of ways. This one was one of the nicer ones I’ve seen. Thought the little girls were cute. They all screamed when I took their pictures and then ran away laughing.
Kirk and Ed.
Our guide and your’s truly.
Some scenes from the hike.
This is the dog that followed us most of the way. He was friendly and hungry. As I was passing by one house, I noted that it was nicer than the average house we were seeing. It had some intricate woodwork and was generally more architecturally interesting. I heard some shuffles at the side door and looked around to see this goat checking me out.
This is a common sight there in Nepal, along with chickens, and sometimes a goat or two.
A sign right before we get to our hotel.
The video cuts out because the battery dies, but you get the picture. This hotel has got to be the worst one I’ve ever stayed in. For a bit of color on this, go here. I like the comment about the shower exploding… Well, shrug, it was an adventure. That’s for sure…
No comments:
Post a Comment