And how I lived to tell about it!
Actually, it was a lot of fun. Took Jenny and some of her friends up skiing Saturday. This is the motley crew. I’m trying to look confident. How did I do? I’m used to packing up a bunch of boy scouts and hitting the trail, but this is a totally different experience.
I told the girls to pick a DVD to watch on the way up to keep them occupied. I was thinking they’d pick something age appropriate. They chose “Barbie and the Twelve Dancing Princesses”. OK, I have no words here. Let’s just say I was wishing I could join Tyson on the drive up in his isolated Zune tune world.
Alaena, Jocelyn, Carolyn, Jenny, Nohea.
But then, I would have missed all those really insightful comments.
Girl 1 – “Why is her hair down like that when all the others have their hair up?”
Girl 2 – “Maybe because she just wanted it that way.”
Girl 3 – “Well, I don’t like it.”
Girl 4 – [sarcastically] “Because, she’s special.”
Or, this one:
“I don’t like that man. What he did right there, that was rude and mean.”
Or, this insightful instance of profundity:
“These people are really stupid, I realized that just now.”
Or, the constant oooos and aaaahs. Not to mention the guy trashing going on because one of the girls broke up with her boyfriend. The girls all feel it’s their noble obligation to help her feel better by trashing the boy. I’m sure he’s not nearly so bad as they paint him out to be. See, as the girls age, they learn not to talk the woman language around men. Men know this. Any guy that’s ever attended a school function with his daughter or young son knows this. But, when they’re still young, they haven’t quite learned that they’re not supposed to expose their women talk to the guys in the room. It’s against the code but they haven’t figured that out yet. It’s amazing what a guy can learn about women just listening to girls talk…
Anyway, it was a fun trip. The king was saved by the brave and daring dancing princesses. The snow conditions were great, the sun was out and my knees still work.
Dad and Tyson
I had the girls sing a song for you all.
We turn around and do it again this Saturday. Anybody wanna join us?
No comments:
Post a Comment