When life is stressing me out and I just need some space and a little time to relax, this is one place I go. Let no one mistake me here, I make no claim at being a good guitarist, but I love being surrounded by these works of art. I really enjoy the process of learning to play. I love listening to my guitar heroes: Will Ackerman, Ken Bonfield, Don Ross, Peppino D’Agostino, Simon Fox, Jacques Stotzem, Andy McKee, Tommy Emmanuel, Antoine Dufour, Phil Keaggy, Chet Atkins, Adam Rafferty, Billy McLaughlin, Martin Taylor, Pierre Bensusan, Tony McManus, Ben Howington, Laurence Juber, Keb Mo, Eric Clapton, et al.
You likely weren’t even aware of this style of guitar, or that there are so many incredible artists in the genre, but check it out. Just search youtube for some of these guys and take a listen. It’s phenomenal music, and most of the time, they’re doing what they do all by their lonesome ol’ self with no comp or circumstance. :)
If you’d like to find more, check out this list. Top 100 Fingerstyle Guitarist I don’t necessarily agree with the order, but the list is a good one and includes almost all the greats. Keb Mo (Kevin Moore) is nowhere to be found on the list, he’s one of my favorites but he’s also more of a blues guy. Check it out!
You likely weren’t even aware of this style of guitar, or that there are so many incredible artists in the genre, but check it out. Just search youtube for some of these guys and take a listen. It’s phenomenal music, and most of the time, they’re doing what they do all by their lonesome ol’ self with no comp or circumstance. :)
If you’d like to find more, check out this list. Top 100 Fingerstyle Guitarist I don’t necessarily agree with the order, but the list is a good one and includes almost all the greats. Keb Mo (Kevin Moore) is nowhere to be found on the list, he’s one of my favorites but he’s also more of a blues guy. Check it out!

No comments:
Post a Comment