A few weeks back, Christine and I had the opportunity to visit NY. I had a conference to attend and so Christine flew out with me for the weekend before. We stayed in the Marriott Marquis, which is right in Time Square. We saw a lot of New York City, walked around a lot, saw the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building. I thought it was all cool, but was a bit underwhelmed, I guess. The highlight of the trip was when we saw "Phantom of the Opera" on Broadway. I was very impressed with the overall quality of the production and the actors are of course, extremely talented. I quite enjoyed the play and would like to do it again sometime. Next time, I'd rather not have the nazi usher though. She was carrying around a flashlight and shining it on anyone who had their feet up against a wall or on top of a half wall. She also kept yelling at people not to take pictures. Naturally, since she was being so adament about it, I had to take a picture. I didn't have my camera with me, so I used my phone camera. Just the rebel in me, I guess. I can understand the flashes, they're annoying and hurt your eyes. But, some people were simply taking pictures of the architecture and the stage before it even began. I can still hear her and the other nazi usher "NO PIC TUR SA!" Oh well, fortunately they went away during the play.
So, of all the pictures we took, I like this one the best. Notice the sign... There I go again, just doing stuff to be obstinate. What can I say. :)
Actually, this time, it was just happenstance. I didn't notice the sign until after I got home and downloaded the picture.
Too funny
Anyway, I dunno, New York was OK. I actually think it would be kinda cool to live there. People were OK. They were, well, New Yorkers. For a city, it ain't bad I guess.
No comments:
Post a Comment