Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Heard around the house : Lifesaver Wrappers

It always amazes me how kids can spot candy from a mile away, but can't seem to find their homework in the most obvious places. Sarah was sitting by me in our bedroom. She's home sick today and I'm taking some time off to recover from a cold I've had since before moving.
I was reading something and Sarah said, "Can I have one of those lifesavers?" I looked around and I couldn't see what she was talking about. I said "What lifesavers honey?" She said, the ones right there, pointing.
So, I picked up my laptop, moved the newspaper, some other papers, a bottle of water and the phone, and there it was, a package of lifesavers with two left. Best I can figure, there was only a sliver of the wrapper sticking up in between all that and she knew it was a lifesaver package.
Maybe we should buy lifesaver package paper from now on for the kids to do their homework.

No comments: