Well we signed the papers today. Kind of crazy to think about 30 years hence and what we'll be doing then... Grandkids, maybe even some greatgrandkids by then... Anyway, It's a chunck of change and we'll be housepoor for a few years at least. We take possession of the new house tomorrow afternoon, then start moving Friday and Saturday. We're more than ready to move now. Tired of living out of boxes and wondering where our stuff is.
Christine just got home with the girls from Violin/Viola lessons. We've found a great teacher who is really patient yet stresses the fundamentals. It's so fun to see the girls improve. Amanda's viola is sounding deep and moody. All the girls play twinkle together, even Sarah now, with all the variations. Sounds great. Especially "Hunter's Chorus" a lively tune that sounds a little like something you'd hear at a country ho'down.
Lindsey is still playing with the Evergreen Philharmonic as first flute and I'm really looking forward to her concert tomorrow. She has a number of solos. The stuff she's playing now blows my mind, really fast like, with 32nds. The music is barely legible, much less playable.
Halloween was fun. Amanda was Galadriel, Sarah was a cheerleader, Jenny was a witch. I was an old, fat, married man giving out candy and Christine took Sarah around the neighborhood. Lindsey and Tyson were very busy students with lot's of homework for halloween. :)
Drives me crazy how much homework they give here. It's simply insane. In fact, they're starting to give homework to the parents now. The other day Jenny came home with homework assigned "To the parents of Jenny". I went through 12 grades and then years of college. I've earned the right not to have homework. (Or to end up in Iraq for that matter) Helping the kids is one thing, but assigning parents homework!!???!!
I wrote on the homework paper, "Please do NOT assign homework to parents!" Good thing we're moving. I wouldn't want to hear it from the teacher at the next parent-teacher conference.
No comments:
Post a Comment