Saturday, March 10, 2007

My Travels (Travails) : Atlanta










My day started yesterday as there was little time left after our late dinner last night, I simply didn't go to bed. Apparently, the Greeks like their last meal to start around 9 or 10. So, we didn't finish until around 1 and that gave me enough time to catch up on email, write a blog post, get a shower, pack and get to the airport. I flew out a little after 6. Landed in Paris, switched flights to Washington, D.C. and then on to Atlanta. The flight was OK, but I was stuck between a guy in front that kept his seat back all the way back for most of the flight, while the guy behind me kept pushing my seat forward. Next to me was a gal from Africa who was cold. So, she had two blankets on and kept leaning on me. I was hot and cramped the whole flight. Didn't get much sleep.

On the first leg of the flight out of Greece, I took a picture of this couple who seemed very comfortable and happy. Greeks never seem to go anywhere without 15 of their closest family members with them. :)

I'd like to visit again, but with more time to explore.

No comments: