Well, I didn't write much about Madrid because I'm only here for a day. I had the chance to walk around the city a bit today. It's a clean, organized and modern city. I'm sure there are some interesting parts, but I didn't get a chance to see them. I would have liked to have seen some of the historical parts of the city, but wanted to catch up on rest and get ready for tomorrow's conference, so mostly just walked around the area close to my hotel.
The weather here is a bit chilly right now. Just like I like it. When the sun comes out, it really seems to change the ambiance. It feels more like the mediterranean as it felt in Greece.
Flying in I didn't see any notable geographical features. It was mostly, if not completely flat. There were rolling hills I suppose, but no mountains or substantial sized hills I could see.
The people all seem preoccupied, even those in the service industry. Again, I have so little to go on, just giving impressions. If the airport is any indication, service here really stinks.
I still haven't received my box with my phone. I'm afraid I've lost it for good.
I don't know how they'll track me down because I'm checking out tomorrow morning before going to the conference...
Anyway, I'm looking forward to returning home. These conferences have been enjoyable. I've learned an incredible lot and seen some interesting places. I'm looking forward to Portugal and hoping to see the coast and then flying home on Thursday. Somehow I lucked out and got to fly first class on the flight home. I'll be sure to take pictures. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment