Saturday, October 07, 2006

Cleaning the church

Today was the day we signed up to clean the church. We slept in a bit after staying up late last night watching a Bill Cosby DVD. The kids thought the part about the parent asking "Why did you do that?" and the kid answering "I don't know" was the funniest part of the video. Anyway, Christine, Sarah and Jenny were at the Salmon Days Parade. Lindsey was at work. So, Tyson, Amanda, and I were it. We went to IHOP to get the day started.
Amanda blew her straw cover at Tyson and it grazed his head and landed on the window frame next to the couple who were sitting at the table behind Tyson. They looked around to see what it was and thought it was something outside. The guy kept looking out the window to see what was moving around out there. Amanda sniggered and tried to hide. Tyson got into it and blew his straw cover at me and we had a short lived straw cover war. The couple never did find out what was moving around outside their window.
As we were leaving, I gave the keys to Amanda to go wait in the car while I paid the bill. Amanda came back a second later and said "He locked the car and won't let me in." Nothing's easy. Nothing...
Anyway, we went to the building, the RS and Primary rooms were pretty dirty. I vacuumed them while Tyson took out the garbage and Amanda did blackboards. Somebody left a bunch of dirty dishes in the sink of the kitchen. I found myself wondering why people leave their messes for others to clean up. What are they thinking? "Oh somebody else will clean this up." or maybe if they leave them there soaking they'll just magically disappear...
Amanda suggested that maybe they just forgot. Always giving people the benefit of the doubt, she is. Anyway, it felt good to do some service. When we left the church, it looked much better than when we arrived.
Now, on to more packing...

No comments: