As we got to a stopping point today with all the packing, I mentioned that I was getting hungry. Christine said, let's go to Med. Kitchen. The Meditteranean Kitchen serves Lebanese fair that's just to die for and is quickly becoming our favorite place to eat. There are numerouse different dishes, but I always get the shishtawook. It's a lemon flavored chicken on a bed of saphron rice with some sort of spicy sauce on top and hummas that's just to die for. If you judge the value of food on the quality, flavor and volume, Med. Kitchen is tops. The food is spiced with garlic to the hilt. Hit's very robust and a very important part of the experience is just taking in the aroma before taking the first bite. If you judge the value of food on how long the flavor stays with you, Med. Kitchen is tops there as well. I'll still be tasting it for another day at least. :)
Just now, I can overhear "Dog and Butterfly" coming from the girls room. I have so many memories associated with that album and song. When I was 14, I received a stereo and turntable for Christmas. For those of you who don't know, a turntable plays records, which look like big black CDs. Later, Becky and Mark gave me Heart's "Dog and Butterfly" album. At first I liked it, but later it became an alltime favorite, and I played it more than any of my other albums. It's still one of my favorites and over the years I've lost and replaced it more times than I can count. First as an LP, then as an 8 track, then as a cassette and then a CD. Now I've ripped it and have it permanently archived to make CDs as needed.
Now, it has become my daughters' favorite wakeup music. Every morning when Christine gets them up for school, she turns on "Dog and Butterfly". The other day, I went in to wake the girls up. Jenny said, "Daddy, mom always plays the dog and butterfly song to wake us up. "
Thanks Becky. Bet you didn't know you were giving me such an enduring gift...
No comments:
Post a Comment