Last night Jenny and I went on a Daddy/Daughter date. It's basically a chance for one of the kids to suck as much time, fun and money out of dad as they possibly can. :)
Jenny and I had a lot of fun. We first went to Dairy Queen and had a delicious and nutritious supper. She had the chicken strips and I had the bacon hamburger. She had the chocolate dipped ice cream cone. I had the large butterfinger blizzard. Yummmmmm
After that we went to the bowling alley. Jenny got a few strikes and even a spare or two. We had fun. I especially enjoyed watching Jenny's body english as she physically willed the ball to one side or the other, often walking into the next lane in front of the other bowlers...
We talked a little about bowling etiquette. Didn't stop the body english. It was just a little more confined.
Jenny has become addicted to a series of books called Warriors. It's a very popular kids book series about cats who live in wild clans and become warriors who hunt and protect the clan. Cats that are pets are called "Kittypets", clan leaders have "star" appended to their name. My favorite cat is "BlueStar". Kittens are called "Kits" and apprentice warriors have the name "Paw" appended to their names. In some ways, the series sounds like a soap opera of cats. But, they're a fun read. Anyway, she's read the first 6 and was facing the prospect of having no more Warriors books to read. So, we went to the Narnes and Boble bookstore on the way home and got the first three installments in the next series.
Jenny couldn't wait to get home and start reading.
Jenny and I had a lot of fun. We first went to Dairy Queen and had a delicious and nutritious supper. She had the chicken strips and I had the bacon hamburger. She had the chocolate dipped ice cream cone. I had the large butterfinger blizzard. Yummmmmm
After that we went to the bowling alley. Jenny got a few strikes and even a spare or two. We had fun. I especially enjoyed watching Jenny's body english as she physically willed the ball to one side or the other, often walking into the next lane in front of the other bowlers...
We talked a little about bowling etiquette. Didn't stop the body english. It was just a little more confined.
Jenny has become addicted to a series of books called Warriors. It's a very popular kids book series about cats who live in wild clans and become warriors who hunt and protect the clan. Cats that are pets are called "Kittypets", clan leaders have "star" appended to their name. My favorite cat is "BlueStar". Kittens are called "Kits" and apprentice warriors have the name "Paw" appended to their names. In some ways, the series sounds like a soap opera of cats. But, they're a fun read. Anyway, she's read the first 6 and was facing the prospect of having no more Warriors books to read. So, we went to the Narnes and Boble bookstore on the way home and got the first three installments in the next series.
Jenny couldn't wait to get home and start reading.
I couldn't wait to get home and put some ice on my bowling elbow.
No comments:
Post a Comment