Late last night, Jenny came to me as I was doing some work at my desk and said,
Jen - "Dad, how come you leave so early in the morning and work so late in the night?"
Me - "So I can pay for a nice home and do fun stuff."
Jen - "Oh", "When can we do our next daddy/daughter day?"
Me - "I was thinking about doing one next week."
Jen - "OK"
She remained standing by me, watching what I was doing. This is Jenny's way of saying she wants to do something with me.
Me - "Hey, wanna watch a movie, just you and me?"
Jen - "Yeah!"
We snuck downstairs, put in "Harry Potter and the Prisoner from Azkaban".
I promptly fell asleep about half way through the movie. I woke up as the credits were rolling around 2:30 AM with Jenny snug and softly snoozing next to me. I turned off the television, put Jenny in her bed and I don't remember much else.
This morning, Jenny told Christine that I was snoring during the movie...
Thanks for telling on me Jenny! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment