Saturday, January 20, 2007

My new job : Manager of Office Depot!

While strolling through the local office depot this week, a pair of customers walked up to me and started asking me questions.
Do you guys have inverters?
We need to hook up our WII player to keep our kids occupied while we travel.
Do inverters work with WIIs?

I was both a bit shocked and a little amused as these guys went on about their needs. I told them I didn't much care what they did with their Wiis, maybe they should ask someone who actually _works_ at Office Depot.

Sheepishly they walked away. Meanwhile I continued my search for a wall calendar that didn't have women's body parts on it or some inaine motivational drivel pasted all over it.

Then a man walked up and started to ask me if we carried any wireless transmitters. I just smiled and looked at him. Slowly, realization dawned across his face and he said "Oh, I thought you worked here." I said, "Nope, just looking around." He said, well, at least I thought you were the manager because you had that disconnected, relaxed look managers have. I said, "Ah, makes me feel much better. Could be because Office Depot is one of my favorite places?"

I continued looking and finally found the calendar I wanted, where upon a lady and what appeared to be her daughter approached me asking where they could find tickets.

I gave in.
I promptly gave them scrupulously detailed directions...

...to the memory dongles display, made my purchase and left.

No comments: