This is new to me, but apparently if I'm tagged, I'm supposed to divulge 5 things people may not know about me and tag 5 more bloggers...
Sorta like a techno chain letter. I'm not normally into this kind of thing, and I hate it when people do stuff like this, like blindly forwarding emails around with mediocre poetry or buy umbrella's on sunny days and such, but, what the hay, it's Saturday.
OK, 5 things you probably don't know about me... Hmmmm...
1. I was once arrested for armed robbery... No, I didn't do it. It was a case of mistaken identity. _I_ was innocently TPing my friends' houses...
2. I was once held up by a man with a gun who stuck it behind my right ear and said, "Don't make a noise or I'll blow your head off." I naturally complied. I can still feel the exact location of the gun barrel, slightly above and behind my right ear in the fleshy part about a half inch past where the hair starts... Or, where it used to start. My sister Kathy was also in the business that was held up. They pointed the gun at her about 20 feet away and told her to get into the office where they were putting me. She, looking totally stunned, simply shook her head and refused.
3. I don't watch T.V. We don't have a connection, either cable or satellite or even an antenna. We do watch DVDs and videos. I can't stand T.V. with the incessant droning commercials and droll programming. I could go on for days about my disdain for network and cable television... But I won't. Let's just say that, I don't miss it and haven't missed it for years. However, an interesting phenomenon we've experienced is that I and the rest of our family are sometimes "out of the loop" when it comes to the latest pop culture. Occasionally, someone will say something and everyone else will respond in some knowing way, laughing or nodding their head, and I will be totally in the dark. For example, someone a year or two ago was talking about a T.V. show called "The good life" or "A simple life" with the Hilton girl in it. I had no idea what they were talking about. Apparently, I'm not missing much.
4. I have a (no longer) secret desire to be a full time author and write things like paper back intrigue novels and political and philisophical exposés.
5. My family is the most important part of my life. But then, that's not really a secret... Or, if it is, it shouldn't be.
Well, Owen, this was fun... Hehe... Uhm, thanks.
Hmmm who to tag now.
How about Kathy hope you're feeling better soon.
Kris you can thank Owen!
Jason, Jamie, and Brian .
No comments:
Post a Comment