Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Denver

Well, got to Denver all right, but I must be really losing it. I didn't reserve a car, didn't reserve a room at the hotel and I forgot my helmet in the airplane. So, I turned around, fortunately remembered before leaving the terminal, got a security pass, went back through security and retrieved my helmet from the gate where the plane was parked.
Got to the Avis shuttle and no reservation. I've been doing this sort of thing lately. They also didn't have any cars available. So much for being an Avis "First" customer. I ended up walking next store to the Budget Rent a Car place and getting a not so budget car.
Anyway, got to the hotel, no reservations... By now, I have a dent in my forehead from where I keep slapping it. Fortunately, I stay at Marriott enough that I have status. They booted an old grandma out of her room for me. (Just kidding kids! :) They had a room for me, not my usual one with a king sized bed, but with two queens. At this point, who's counting?

I'm just glad to have a place to lay my head tonight...

No comments: