Sunday, November 30, 2008

Morning Walks: Dash Point

This morning, after dropping off Lindsey at a friends house to head back to school, I took a drive. I went down to Dash Point and walked around on the beach for a while. This was one of my favorite places when I first lived here with Kate and Mardy while getting established at Microsoft and the family was still in Salt Lake City. It's almost always deserted on Sunday mornings. This morning the tide was really high. Higher than I'd ever seen it before. It's very peaceful here. You can hear the big ships off the shore, the water lapping on the beach and birds calling to each other. The fog was really heavy. The northwest is such a mystical place sometimes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"The northwest is such a mystical place sometimes." I agree! That's why I love living here.
Love you,
Amanda