This was one I definitely needed to take. Never a fan of David’s politics, I do enjoy his show sometimes, especially the top ten.
Some central park shots. I can certainly understand the attraction people have to this place. It’s a bunch of nature right in the middle of an asphalt jungle, street entertainers everywhere, constant motion, cycling, running, rollerblading, picnicking, and everything else you can think of.
This is taken from the Jersey side in Liberty Park. Not exactly level, but hey, I was using an iron fence as a tripod.
Getting ready to board the boat to Liberty Island and Ellis Island. Amanda is animated as usual.
Ellis Island. Something really got to me here. All these people making drastic changes in their lives for the better. Going through bitter separation, loneliness, and insecurity with the hope that they are improving their lives and their children’s prospects.
Loved this view of Lady Liberty from the Immigration Museum window.
Later, we made our way to the Empire State Building. Cool. No, I mean, it was very cool. As in, we about froze our tushes off.
Putting my girl on a plane. This was the first time Amanda has flown alone. Fortunately, they let me go to the gate with her. That’s her stuffed panda she’s holding. Get it? Amanda… Panda… :)
Later, I drove out to the eastern most point of Long Island. Long drive and I barely made it as the sun was going down. Probably because I stopped to look at real estate in the windows of the office in Bridge Hampton. For those of you that aren’t aware of the Hamptons. Here’s a little insight. I found a cute little house on about an acre of land. They only wanted $5 million.
This is a picture of the lighthouse at the end of Long Island in a little place called Montauk Point State Park. It’s a beautiful place. I ate my “lunch” there on the rocky beach. Sat and thought about things for a little while. Dipped my toe into the frigid water. Got back in the car and headed back.
No comments:
Post a Comment