Saturday, July 07, 2012

Hikes: Talus Loop on Mt. Si

People around here know Mt. Si as one of the tougher hikes in the region. I took the chicken route and did the Talus loop which is shorter, easier and a little less grand. I had to drive Amanda out to a meeting in North Bend and the trailhead was only a couple of miles away.

This is the viewpoint from close to the top. I don’t know what all the buildings are down there, so don’t ask. I just liked the view. This is the place where I discovered that Toby likes peanuts.

WP_000487

This is pretty cool. The picture doesn’t give you an idea of scale, but the root ball of that tree is a about 15 feet high. The tree itself is about six feet in diameter.

WP_000496

The Tobinator is nonstop movement and has to explore everything.

WP_000505

This is Toby’s heroic shot from Rattlesnake Lake on a previous hike to Rattlesnake Ledge. That’s one of the coolest hikes around with a great reward at the end of a cliff drop of about 150 feet overlooking the watershed, Mt. Si and the North Bend valley.

WP_000516WP_000515

No comments: