Christmas eve this year was quite special. For me, it was, well, spiritually uplifting and powerfully emotional. Christine and I recently spoke in our ward about Jesus Christ. With those thoughts fresh in my mind, we read about the birth of Christ, sang some songs, Lindsey played Silent Night on the piano, and we prayed together to express our gratitude for the season to remember the birth of our Lord and savior. Christine and I both had tears in our eyes as we silently shared the same moment of rememberance and dedication.
Our telephone was still disconnected and power was just restored, Sarah was just recovering from a bout with stomach flu. I've had my own challenges with health of late, only now are we starting to finally settle into the new home, we'd escaped any damage from the recent storm, our kids are relatively healthy, and so, I was especially sensitive to the blessings so profusely poured out upon us. With all our children around us, and so much to be grateful for, both given and promised, this Christmas season finds me profoundly grateful for our Saviors life, teachings and atonement.
I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and were able to experience your own moment of realization about the divinity and gift of Jesus Christ.
No comments:
Post a Comment