Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Play of the Day : "When Saying Yes Means Saying No"

I subscribe to a ~daily email father coaching site that sends out ideas on a regular basis for being a better father. They're almost always helpful in reminding me of the right priorities. I freely admit that I don't always have the right priorities, so the emails are helpful in keeping me honest as a father. This one was, I thought, rather germaine and something that I've been pretty bad about in the past. I think it's especially important for LDS folk who tend to over commit their time.

http://www.allprodad.com

When Yes Means No
Got another e-mail or phone call inviting you to join this organization or play that round of golf? Having trouble deciding? Just remember saying “yes” to outside activities many times means saying “no” to your family. If you’re going to err, do it on the side of spending too much time at home. You have one shot to get fatherhood right. Don’t over commit to others and undervalue your family.

1 comment:

James Kirk Haselden said...

No success can compensate for a failure in the home...