Last night when I got home, Sarah greeted me and asked if we could watch Jurassic Park together. I was a bit hesitant and tried to talk her out of it, but she was insistent. Against my better judgement I said OK but only if I could cover her eyes in some of the scenes. She was so excited. Later she told Christine, "Daddy's the only one that believes it's OK for me to watch Jurassic Park." Well, Sarah, sometimes dad just gives in.
We got our snacks, skittles for Sarah, Gummi Bears for me, cashews, orange slices and vitamin water. We got our blankets and cuddled up on the couch and started the movie. Sarah cuddled right next to me. She did quite well, even in some of the scary parts. I did cover her eyes a few times and then had to explain what happened.
When the movie was almost over Sarah said "Daddy, why do they have to make it so scary?!"
I said, "Well, I guess because some people like to be scared."
No comments:
Post a Comment