I’ve heard that most mothers dread Mother’s Day for various reasons. Something about not measuring up or some such nonsense. I’ve had similar misgivings about Father’s Day in the past. But, this year was cool. Frankly, super awesome. Mostly what I want as a father is to see my kids happy and know I had a part in that happiness. Seriously.
So, this year was truly special. Lindsey called me from Italy and although I was on a plane we got to FaceTime long enough to see how happy and content she is in her life with Jordan. I got the most awesome card from my grandkids, and Jameson and Ellie, Amanda called and shared her joy around a happy development in her life and said some very important words that every dad wants to hear. Savanna and Josh and Taylor sent sweet messages. Thanks guys! You all made my day special. Found this in my text this morning.
Whitney bought me tickets to see Keb Mo in concert!
My family is da bomb!
To top it all off, I’m in Maryville, Tennessee at Steve Kaufman’s Flatpicking Kamp all week hanging out with a bunch of guitar geeks! It’s like the summer band camp I never got to do as a kid!
Thanks to my beautiful wife, kids, stepkids and grandkids for making it a special father’s day!
K
No comments:
Post a Comment