Today was crazy.
I'm trying to get ready for a conference I'm speaking at this week and then another in a few weeks. Starting next week, every month I've got travel to some far flung place or have a conference talk to do. This week it's TechReady where Microsoft people teach the sales field about products and what's new. So, I've got two talks at that.
Next month I'm doing what's called a roadshow. Basically, it's two weeks of speaking and traveling. This one goes to Greece, Turkey, Israel, Poland, Spain, Portugal and one other place I can't remember. So, I worked on getting ready for those events this morning.
Then Lindsey had her solo & ensemble event where she played the piece she's been working on for months. She played beautifully, even through the door. We were running late and I had to listen at the door after parking the car.
Next we dropped her off at home and went to look at a car we're going to buy to replace the Kia that was just totaled... Won't give details there, but it happened in the snow storms early on a Saturday morning when the roads were icy.
Next we went to Amanda, Jenny and Sarah's viola/violin recitals. They played great and even overcame some unfortunate surprises like Amanda's shoulder rest falling off right in the middle of her piece.
Meanwhile, Tyson was in Blaine at the state championship math competition. There are hundreds of competitors there from all over the state. Some schools send two or three teams, so it's quite an event. Tyson took 8th in the 9th/10th grade individuals. It's just great. We're proud of Tyson for doing his best and find it a bit amusing that he doesn't ever seem to study... Or maybe, we're just a little envious. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment