Well, this morning I got the day started off right with none other than… A grosse weisse bratwurst, thank you. Dang they’re delicious!
These were especially good, cooked over hot wood coals. Oh, yeah.
Mmmmmmm, plenty of mustard. Gotta get those veges…
OK, then I wandered into the old city of Heidelberg and walked through the fussganger and over the bridge that crosses the Necke river.
Now, it was evening and hard to take pictures. But, I’ll be darned if there weren’t necking couples all over that bridge. Caught these guys in the act. Yeah, I was just jealous…
Not a very good picture, but this is from their celebration of St. Martin’s day. Kinda cool, I just happened on this tonight.
Best I could tell from my German friend who explained it to me is that this is a march for St. Martin. The kids get to carry a lamp and follow the dude on the horse on their way to the cathedral. There they say prayers and remember him. There were kids everywhere.
Here’s the castle from the bridge over the Necke river where everybody was necking.
No comments:
Post a Comment