Castle Frankenstein
On the day I returned home, I had a few hours to kill before heading to the airport and saw a sign for Frankenstein Schloss (castle). I thought, this is gotta be good. So, took the exit, and headed up. Unfortunately, the castle was closed because they were still cleaning up from the annual Halloween party. However, I did get a pretty good look from a few viewpoints. The castle is situated well off the road in a very isolated wood. I don’t know if there is any relationship between Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein and this castle, but it wouldn’t surprise me if there was. One can imagine all sorts of odd things happening in this remote and odd place.
This is the entrance path. I love fall in Germany.
A view of the tower. There weren’t any brochures or available information on this place. It was a bit disappointing really. I was hoping to see, hear or in some ways experience something macabre. I suppose with the right lighting, some sound effects and screams, this place could get pretty creepy.
Or maybe a devil manikin here or there…
Look a little closer…
There was no way to get into the castle proper and see the inside. Like I said, sort of disappointing really, but the place was pretty and it’s a nice place to stroll around, walk your dog maybe.
And the road up was a fun ride! Was wishing I had my motorcycle…
Castle Frankenstein… Maybe I’ll visit during Halloween some day and see it in all it’s glory.
No comments:
Post a Comment