In the mornings, one of the first things I do is sit down at the computer with my back to the door and check email. As the kids wake up, they each have their own way of greeting me. Lindsey walks in and just says "Good morning dad". Usually, on her way to get a brush or something from our bathroom. Tyson will walk in quietly and stand behind me, waiting for me to notice him. Amanda will come in and say "Hi Dad!", give a hug and she's off. Jenny comes in, without saying anything and just flops her head on my left arm, while she grabs it with her hands. Sarah usually comes bounding in, three sheets to the wind and just laughs.
This morning someone came in and flopped their head on my arm and grabbed it. I said, "Good morning Jenny", without even looking to see that it was actually Sarah. I held her hands and as always was surprised by how rough her hands are. She has the callouses of a lumber jack from spending so much time on the bars and swings.
I love mornings at home.
No comments:
Post a Comment