Sunday, September 24, 2006

Our new home : Moving

Well, now that the excitement and questions have died down somewhat, it's time to start the move. What a bunch of work. Yesterday, we spent all day painting, regrouting, mudding, cleaning and packing. On the way home from picking up Lindsey from her Evergreen Philharmonic weekend camp. There was a sign that said, "You know you're getting old when it takes longer to rest than it does to get tired". That's how I felt today. I thought when I went to bed last night I'd be really sore today, and I was. But the thing that hurt the most was my hands. I'm not used to using them so much.
We're repainting two bathrooms, and the kitchen. The new stove and microwave come tomorrow and will be installed. All in all, the kitchen should look really nice by the time we're done. We're hoping to put the house on the market Saturday.
Tyson did some amazing work. He installed the floorboards in both bathrooms and sealed one of the access holes in the ceiling with sheetrock, finishing it with mud and tape. A little sanding and some paint and it will look great. Jenny, Amanda and Sarah helped by taking out all the handles in the cupboards, packing the videos and DVDs, and cleaning up the shed.
Moving must be a bit like having a baby. People do it again because they've forgotten how painful it was the last time.

No comments: