Saturday, September 16, 2006

Our new home : Found


I've been looking for literally years for a new place to move. We've outgrown our current home and have needed a larger space. We've also wanted a little more room between homes. I've been working with a great real estate agent who has been patient and helpful. She sent us this listing and I knew when I first saw it online that it was pretty close to what we wanted. Then I showed Lindsey and she instantly identified the room she wanted and called to me in the next room. "I want the room with the veranda!"
This home just came on the market and is quite underpriced because the owner is trying to sell as fast as possible. She was a really nice person and bonded with Christine and Lindsey almost instantly. Christine and Lindsey were running behind because Lindsey was getting her driver's license. So, when I saw the house, I knew almost at an instant that Christine would like it. It's well arranged with plenty of room. The master is huge with an adjoining sitting room/office.
There are windows and doors everywhere that make the house very light inside. In short, it had everything we wanted and was still close in so that the kids can stay close to friends and continue with music lessons and activities. Lindsey was most concerned about continuing with Evergreen, and in this home she'll be able to do so.
When Christine came walking down the stairs from viewing the upstairs portion of the home, she had a broad grin and that look that she had when we first saw our current home. She slowly drifted through the rooms and I could see her sizing up the walls for paintings and the rooms for furniture.

Sarah cried when she first heard about the chance that we might move, then she got really excited, then she cried again when she found out that she might have to still share a room.
Jenny was excited. This stuff usually doesn't effect her that much. She was happy to find out that she might share a room with her master (Lindsey). She of course is "Minion"
Amanda was upset because she thinks she'll have to give up all her friends. Later she started thinking about the home and was really excited to see it.
Tyson was upset because he didn't want to be so far from his best friend Eric. I don't think it will be a problem though because they can still get together and the home is really not that far from Eric's home.
We're excited to have a place where we can spread out a bit. We've been living in such tight spaces for so long, it will be a relief to finally be out of earshot of one another and have a quiet place in the house.
The home is in Mirrormont, which is just south of Issaquah out in the country a bit. It's on a little over an acre of land and backs to a cul-de-sac. It's two stories with a daylight basement that has an extra kitchen.

No comments: